MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Apr 2015 17:48:53 +0000
Hal, even more remarkable is that the other Hal still is adding and changing the show. There are pieces like "Grandfather's Old Ram" that have stayed in the repertoire over the decades, but a chunk of what you saw in St. Louis was new. Hal has lost track of how much Twain material he has committed to memory and performed since 1954, but I think a good estimate at this point would be 18 hours. I've lost track of how many times I've seen "Mark Twain Tonight!" since the first encounter in 1975 at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. (about 15 times in various cities), but I know that I've never seen the same show twice.