Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: Graham Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 20:22:00 +0000
I have just finished listening to what I considered to be a very good
radio documentary dealing with _Huckleberry Finn_.  It was broadcast in
the UK this evening (19:30 gmt) by BBC Radio 4.  Unfortunately I didn't
know it was coming up and I barely had time to find a cassette and press
'record', let alone inform anyone within transmission range.

There was a good range of erudite contributors, including some whose
names are often mentioned in this forum such as Justin Kaplan.  I have
tried to contact the producer, Paul Quinn, but, due to an up-coming
public holiday will not be able to speak to him until Tuesday at the
earliest.  I'm hoping that he'll allow me to post a transcript of the
programme to this forum, or perhaps make it available on my own web site.

Graham Allan