From:
"Dennis McGreer, Indiana University, (812) 855-7299" <DMCGREER@IUBACS>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1992 16:54:00 EST
As a newcomer to this group, I write with some hesitancy, but I have a
serious interest in ascertaining MT's personal accomplishments in music.
I am aware of the Library of Congress pictures of him playing the piano,
of references to his playing on riverboats, etc.  I would appreciate knowing
of anyone researching in this area.  My goal is to determine as objectively
as possible the "level of difficulty" of what he could play on the piano.
This might be determined from knowing specific accompaniments or pieces he
is known to have played, or what the general standard of the time was.

Dennis McGreer
Indiana University