"Ballard, Terry Prof." <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:12:13 -0500
I don't think this has been mentioned before, so I'll throw out Darryl
Brock's "If I never get back," where a modern time traveler goes back to
1869 and meets Mark Twain, in addition to traveling with the Cincinatti
Red Legs - the only pro baseball team in history to have an undefeated
season. I read all of the Riverworld books, but I think Brock's Twain
rings truer somehow. Farmer had all of his facts straight, but to me it
was the difference between lightning and the lightning bug.

Terry Ballard, Automation Librarian
Quinnipiac University, Bernhard Library
275 Mt. Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT, 06518