From:
Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2022 18:11:59 +0000
Thank you, Kevin, for this review of Harris's _The Forbidden Word_."  The earlier edition of this book escaped my notice, so I'm grateful to have it called to my attention.

For those of you attending at Elmira, we'll have a flash presentation on Saturday afternoon that addresses the challenges of teaching _HF_'s racist language.  The flash presentations are designed as interactive events in which the audience has a large share of the discussion.  Hope to see you there.

--Larry Howe

L​arry Howe
Editor, Studies in American Humor
Professor Emeritus of English & Film Studies
Roosevelt University