From:
Terry Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:37:51 -0400
Agreed that a younger Twain would bring some fresh air into what has turned
out to be a well-plowed field. Looking at MT's writings in his San
Francisco newspaper days, he had plenty of the fire and wit that would make
him famous eventually, so an actor portraying a young Clemens could even be
authentic. There are still endless possibilities for one-person author
shows that don't involve Twain at all. Imagine Sam Beckett Night after
Night after Night..., William Shakespeare tomorrow and tomorrow and
tomorrow, or even Charles Bukowski tonight (I think it's tonight). Holbrook
started off by vetting his act with people who knew Twain, and it is a
national treasure that can never be replicated.

--

Terry Ballard
Author and Leisure Studies Manager

"My memory has a mind of its own."