From:
Jim Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 23:47:37 -0500
It's clear that Kevin Mac Donnell is so well armed with pertinent facts
that, having spent my small store of them, I should retire from the
field.  No wonder we call him "The Kevin" (though I notice that he
modestly altered it to "A Kevin").  Meanwhile, Victor Fischer has
arrived with an equally imposing arsenal of publication facts.  I'll,
therefore, leave the two of them to do battle on the subject--but can I
resist mentioning the possibility that Mr. Fischer will emerge as "The
Victor"?  As for the rest of us, we're left to ponder Kevin's frankly
chauvinistic proposition that English editions don't count.  --Jim L.
(one of many Jims--including the one in The Adventures of Huckleberry
Finn)