From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1992 22:46:56 EDT
I noticed in the MTP INFO file that the Mark Twain Project has scheduled
publication of the _Autobiography_ for 1998, which is certainly earlier
than I thought it might be attempted.  If the goal is to represent MT's
writings as he probably intended them, does this mean that the MTP
edition of the _Autobiography_ will finally satisfy Twain's professed
desire that it be published in the order in which it was dictated
(rather than in chronological order according to subject)?  If so, I
imagine it would be a mammoth, multi-volume affair.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not such an undertaking would
be worthwhile?  I think anything of this kind certainly isn't bad, but
I guess the more important question is: is it feasible?

Regards,
Taylor Roberts