From:
Robert Champ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 21:13:27 EST
I don't have anything like a paper on arms and armory in
_Connecticut Yankee_.  I was in the armory room at Warwick Castle
several years ago, however, and saw a very nice pistol that Colt
had contributed to the armory's stock of weapons some time before
Twain wrote his book.  I have no idea whether it was on display
during Twain's time, though I'm sure MT had access that normal
visitors would not have had.  Does anyone know anything about
this weapon?

Bob Champ