From:
"Rollins, Jessica P." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:12:18 -0500
After reviewing the postings on Southern Studies and New Southern Studies, it reminded me of a related question that I have been formulating for some time.  I am under the impression that literary criticism shifted focus from the "misfit" to the "deviant" about the same time as the switch to "new" Southern Studies.  I am interested in the deviant in (new?) Southern Studies, but I am just beginning to research the topic.  Could anyone point me in the right direction?  I appreciate and thank you for any comments in advance.

Regards,
Jessica Rollins