From:
Sandra Uetz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:01:17 -0800
I have been waiting for someone to mention that the first of the Quarry Farm
"The Trouble Begins at Eight" series, held on September 24, 2008, was titled
Mark Twain's Music Box (credited to Kerry Driscoll's work) and included
speculation about and performance of music for which Twain showed a fondness: Der Fremersberg by Koenneman; Serenade by Schubert, and several
selections from Stephen Foster.  I assume it is to be had on website, as
the others in the lecture series have always been available in that fashion.
I was glad I was in attendance, but alas, no Methuselah was performed.

Sandra