Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:21:39 +0000
Hello,

This is your translator reaching out for help once again: in chapter
33 Huck Finn says the duke and the king, who've just been tarred and
feathered, are looking like "a couple of monstrous big
soldier-plumes". I read somewhere that "soldier-plume" is a
regionalism, but I don't know  exactly what it stands for, and I'm not
a big fan of guesswork.

thanks for shedding some light upon the matter
Sara