From:
Terry Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:29:41 -0400
   I recently traveled to Hannibal on the way to Nebraska to see the total
eclipse. I'd been once before, but this time I had a camera with a nice new
lens, so I had an afternoon and morning of fun capturing the spirit of what
seemed to me to be a booming ghost town (Lots of tour buses and fudge
options, no groceries or gas stations that I saw). The town was beautiful,
especially the Boyhood Home and the people were uniformly friendly and
helpful. If anyone is curious, a gallery of the best images can be found at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/terryballard/albums/72157688158021175
Driving west, I passed on the exit for the Clemens Birth home - you have to
save something for the next visit.

--

Terry Ballard
Author and Librarian Without Walls