From:
Dave Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2018 20:18:02 -0400
A 1985 conference paper about  the Paige machine , available through ERIC.
I also vaguely remember some discussion of it , perhaps in a publication at
Cornell. I will look.

https://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED265544

Another citation (I haven't tracked this one down)

Lee, J. Y., Anatomy of a Fascinating Failure. American Heritage of
Invention and Technology, Summer 1987, pp. 55-60.

More about that --

https://circuitousroot.com/artifice/letters/press/noncastcomp/paige/index.html