From:
Martin Zehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2017 11:31:19 -0500
I would second Hal's opinion with respect to the "worthiness" of David
Letterman as a recipient of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.  Often
the choices are for "mere humorists," a not-unworthy vocation, by any
means, but it's good to have a winner who has a perceptive edge to his wit
and is sufficiently self-deprecating to remind us that the human condition
is, after all, human.
Martin Zehr