Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 16:20:44 -0500
In "Alias Smith and Jones," a western from the early 1970s, Hannibal
Heyes (alias Joshua Smith) is lying in a hotel bed reading from "Life on
the Mississippi"  in an episode titled "Something to Get Hung About."
When he tells his partner, Kid Curry (alias Thaddeus Jones), what he's
reading and who the author is, Curry says, "Mark Twain?! Now there's an
alias if I ever heard one. I wonder what he's wanted for."  Heyes then
proceeds to tell him how the information about fingerprints, (I think
it's in chapter 33) will be useful in figuring out who stole a rifle
from the sheriff's office.

Sandra Sagala
"Alias Smith and Jones: The Story of Two Pretty Good Bad Men"