From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:59:40 -0500
Folks;

I am trying to track down some fairly eclectic information about Albion
Tourgee, author and attorney who argued the Plessy case before the Supreme
Court.  It is in the foggy recesses of my confused memory somewhere that he
was, like George Washington Cable, very much influenced in his views of
African Americans by his religious faith, or by some aspects of the
evangelical church and/or certain leaders.  However, I cannot locate these