From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 15:48:25 EST
Many subscribers seem not to know how to sign off this list.  As
explained in the Survival Guide, which I send to all new subscribers,
in order to sign off the list you must send a message (with a blank
subject line) to <[log in to unmask]> containing the single line
in the body of the message:

SIGNOFF TWAIN-L

Please be careful to send your message to the LISTSERV address cited
above, not to TWAIN-L, as commands sent to TWAIN-L are automatically
resent to the other 400+ subscribers, none of whom is able to execute
the command for you.

If you find that your difficulties persist, please send a message
directly to me (please, not to TWAIN-L) and I'll be glad to help you.

Something else that's explained in the Survival Guide (sec. 13) is
how to respond to junk mail, such as the "Are you prepared?" message
that was rudely posted here the other day.  Rather than post a reply
to TWAIN-L and clutter the list further with non-Twainian messages,
you should send your complaint to "postmaster" at the offending poster's
site.  It's important that you do so, because nobody who matters will
know how upset you are.  There's absolutely no point in posting a
complain here to TWAIN-L, because the offending poster has already
signed off!

In this case, send your complaint about Peter Quizert's posting to
<[log in to unmask]> and <[log in to unmask]>.

Thanks for your efforts in helping to keep this list focused on Mark
Twain.  If you need the Survival Guide to read up on this stuff,
please just ask me and I'll gladly send you a new one.

Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Coordinator, Mark Twain Forum