From:
Dennis Eddings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:55:56 -0700
Jeffrey Savoye, of the Baltimore Poe Society, has made an inquiry of me
which I cannot answer, so I turn to those more knowledgeable than me (which
includes just about everyone):

"This is a pretty obscure request, but I am hoping that you can confirm or
deny a claim that Dr. George Halstead Boylan was the Twain family
physician, at least at some point.  It is an odd detail, but he was married
to Ellen Gilmore, who was born at Glen Ellen, an estate that was very near
where I live.  (She was the last of the immediate family to survive, dying
in 1908.). I am currently writing an informal history of the Dogwood Hill
Community and the nearby area and it would be a curious bit of trivia to
include, if true."

Should any of you have an answer for Jeffrey, you can send it directly to
him at .  [log in to unmask]  As always, many thanks to the incredible
people who inhabit this list.

dennis eddings