Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Dec 2021 22:39:40 -0600
The snippet datelined FLORENCE, June 7 is from a newspaper press release
that was printed in newspapers across the U. S. in June 1904.  Many are
available on newspapers.com.

President Theodore Roosevelt sent a note of condolence and told US customs
to let the body enter the U.S. without delay. (I have not seen those
primary Roosevelt documents.)

Martin Naparsteck in his book MRS. MARK TWAIN: THE LIFE OF OLIVIA LANGDON
CLEMENS has a good summation of the activities surrounding her death, p.
160. The text is available on google books.

Barb