From:
Alan Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 16:49:50 -0500
I know some highly-placed professionals who retain collections of detachable signs and other objects acquired during lapses in judgement. I don’t condone the practice; but I imagine the young Sam and/or his friends might have engaged in similar activities.  One such escapade — involving a watermelon — comes immediately to mind and may have served as an inspiration to Ruland.

On Feb 11, 2015, at 4:27 PM, Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Some drudge by the name of Daniel Ruland, age 32, was caught with the =
> plaque from Mark Twain=E2=80=99s grave. It looks like Dan=E2=80=99s plan =
> was to drive around Elmira with the thing in his trunk until he got =
> caught, and his plan worked!
>
> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/10/man-charged-with-stealing-bronze-pla=
> que-from-monument-at-mark-twain-new-york/
>

> Kevin
> @
> Mac Donnell Rare Books
> 9307 Glenlake Drive