Sender:
From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2019 08:58:48 -0400
This week, my wife and I are driving from Northeast PA out to Emporia, KS, for some sort of giant art event an artist friend of hers is wrangling.  I'm almost trying not to know anything about that event beforehand, so that I can experience it without preconceptions and maybe delight in it.

Anyway, I managed to get us about a day and a half, two nights, in Hannibal.  I was there for a day in 1974, on my way from one Air Force gig to another.  I was there again in 1994.  Both times I know I went to the Clemens house and to the Cave.  And maybe to a museum next to the house, if such exists.  I only remember that the 20 years had brought big changes to the house and the cave.  I can only wonder how the last 25 years have changed the place.  We won't have a lot of time, unfortunately, but we will surely try to see the house and cave again.  My questions to the Forum are what other places should we consider taking in this time around?  Anyone we should meet?  Has the place changed a lot in 25 years?

Any advice will be appreciated.  This may be the last time I get to visit Hannibal, although I hope not.  I've had a deep and abiding interest in Mark Twain going on 60 years now.

Regards,

Carl