From:
Sharon McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:00:37 +0000
Dear Dr. Faden and other list members,

I apologize for any confusion.  The conference is the regularly scheduled
American Literature Association meeting.  The title "'For Fools Rush in
Where Angels Fear to Tread': Humor on the Cutting Edge" is my title for a
panel that I am moderating, sponsored by the American Humor Studies
Association.

There is also at least one panel being sponsored by the Mark Twain Circle.
As Dr. Faden says here, ALA is also accepting proposals from individuals in
addition to Society-sponsored panels.  I just want to make clear that the
humor-on-the-cutting-edge theme is not the theme of the conference, but of a
panel at the conference.  I hope this will clear up any confusion
inadvertently caused by my posting.

Sharon McCoy