From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 17:54:53 +0000
This request just came through from an online survey about
educational uses of my web pages that I've attached to the Mark
Twain Resources on the WWW page:

"I am a K-12 SS [social studies] teacher with Internet access who
is assisting students with research on the author. Specifically,
historical and biographical data are of interest. Information
comparing Finn and Sawyer to historical settings, use of language,
and race relations have been requested."

I think materials on language and race relations are not freely
available for posting on the web, but the requests for biographical
and historical information made me think that there might be
short biographical sketches and historical articles published in 1920
or earlier that would be in the public domain and could be scanned
for posting on the web.  Can anyone suggest the best early materials
that might be useful for a K-12 audience?  Thanks.

This survey has been up for about a week and a half and is quite
interesting.  More people than I expected are using the pages for
classroom use or research (including one person who had it as
assigned reading and filled out the survey because he was bored : ), and
about 15% of responses have come from people using the pages at
the K-12 level.  If you'd like to see the results, they are online at
http://web.syr.edu/~fjzwick/results.html.

Jim Zwick