From:
Sandra Uetz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:51:13 -0800
Dear Susan,

I don't know if this is what you are seeking, but I note in your response to
Sharon that you are interested in textbooks concerning American identity.
Listed in Allan Gribben's work on Twain's library, I found The American
Girls Book by Eliza Leslie.  It contains the type of instruction in proper
social skills current at that time, which would have been quite as necessary
as academic learning for young ladies of that time and social position.

Sandra Uetz