From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 21:11:34 -0500
Several MT Forum members have noticed that the database searching and
filelist commands, as described in the Survival Guide, no longer work.
This change was beyond my control, and was caused by the upgrade to
the new version of listserv.  However, I would like to get the many
files that people have sent to me, including the book reviews and the
logs, onto the Forum's web page.  Even if the filelist option
eventually re-appears with a listserv upgrade, the listserv author has
told me that he's first giving his attention to creating a web
interface.

It's becoming pretty clear, then, that some of the Forum's functions
will have to be moved over to the web.  Unfortunately, although I want
to see this happen--and I have other web ideas that also should be
pursued--I just don't have the time to do the kind of good job that
needs to be done.  It would be great if a Forum member who knows some
HTML would like to volunteer to be a web page editor.  And it would be
even better if there were more than one person, since there will
initially be many files to be converted.

Next week I expect that the Forum's web page will move to a new
address (one with a larger disk quota than what I've got now in my
personal account).  I am also planning to set up a mini-mailing list
for the Forum's web page editor(s), where we can coordinate our
activities without disturbing the Twainian discussion on the Forum
itself.

If you think you might be interested in this important job, please let
me know.  HTML coding is actually fairly easy to do, and any time and
expertise you can offer would be greatly appreciated by me and by all
of the Forum members.

Please let me know if I can provide further information.  In the
meantime, I look forward to hearing from you.

Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>