From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2020 21:11:48 +0000
Good idea!
I will look forward to the new one each month.
- B. Clay Shannon

    On Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 01:44:32 PM PDT, Erin Bartram <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Hi all,

I'm the School Programs Coordinator at house and museum in Hartford, and I wanted to share a new project of ours with you: "Sam's Shorts."<https://marktwainhouse.org/sams-shorts> Each month, we post a different excerpt from one of Twain's works on our website and in the museum itself, and invite people to read, respond, and ask questions about it. Then we share some of the responses we received, answer reader questions, and offer a bit of context for understanding the piece. Last month we featured a selection from "Adam's Soliloquy," and this month it's part of "A Presidential Candidate."

The program is designed to help interested members of the general public (including students) read and engage with Twain by offering them small bites from writings of his they probably aren't familiar with. Many of you *will* be familiar with the things we post, but I'd still love for you to read and share your thoughts, especially if you find something new while re-reading a familiar excerpt. You'll always find the current excerpt and links to previous editions at  https://marktwainhouse.org/sams-shorts.

Best,
Erin Bartram
The Mark Twain House & Museum