From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2019 11:37:29 -0700
My Bad.  I discovered my error.  Twain includes the remedy in "Rambling
Notes..." as they are departing New York Harbor and quotes notes not
found in Volume II of "Notebooks and Journals".  What is in the Journal
volume is the administration of the remedy; the Scotchman's wife caving
at 7:30 and the doctor emptying himself over the side at 8pm. on
departing Bermuda.  So, where's the missing journal quoted by Twain?