Sender:
From:
Kent Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:48:16 -0700
A correspondent sent me this note from a Green Bay Packers discussion
group. I believe it's worth sharing.
__________________

Erik from Sanford, FL
Vic, didn’t you get the memo? Everything old is bad and everything new
is good. How many times as a Packers fan have I heard that nine of our
13 championships we won don’t count because they didn’t call the game
the Super Bowl prior to January 1967. It’s the same ridiculous
historical bigotry that can make a man as great as Jim Brown nothing but
your average running back today, in some folks’ minds. According to
reports, Secretariat would have beaten American Pharoah at Belmont by
two seconds. How can that be? Everything old is bad. Nobody that did
anything a long time ago was any good, except Mark Twain.