From:
"Robert H. HIRST" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:10:50 -0700
Two small points. The 1867 passport application looks to be filled out and
even signed not by Clemens, but by Duncan. That might explain why the eye
color is given a "Gray" and the hair color as "Dark brown" (clearly not in
SLC's hand). But a second point is that the stature (height) is given as "5
ft 8 1/2 inches, English." Everyone should know that to someone of that
height, the 1/2 inch is, well, very important and not to be omitted.

RHH