From:
Gregg Camfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 18:33:36 +0000
Hal,

You beat me to mentioning Jason's work; now I have no choice but to toot my own horn.

I discuss Twain's engagement with William James's ideas in the last two chapters of _Sentimental Twain_.  The preface to _Necessary Madness_ frames my approach to humor in Pragmatic terms, explicitly referring to both James and Rorty (among others), and the last chapter discusses Twain's satire in this context.

Gregg