From:
Lisa Steier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:21:57 EDT
Actually, wouldn't it be fair to state that these "most popular"  Twain
novels were written in Hartford and  Elmira? (or if feeling competitive,
make it
alphabetical -- Elmira and  Hartford.)  Writing a book consists of more than
writing those final words in manuscript.  From all research I've come across
(comparing dates  of letters, journal entries, etc.) one can deduce that the
novels were  written in both homes -- Farmington Avenue and Quarry Farm.  It
will
continue to be an ongoing debate though  --I can guarantee it!

Lisa Steier