From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:11:54 -0600
I'm thinking about revising this little memoir of my time at Quarry Farm;
last time there I spent a day at Cornell.  (Wow, what  a campus!)

There is a wonderful little video at the Cornell website about his visits
to Ithaca.  I wonder if there is more to know, however?  The website says
simply:  "Mark Twain came to Ithaca twice while visiting nearby Elmira:
once in the summer of 1877 to see friends, and then again in December 1884
as part of his "Twins of Genius" lecture tour."

MT did know Andrew Dickson White, the president of Cornell, and others.
White is in the Autobiography.  I just wonder if there are other visits, or
if anyone else knows more about Twain in relation to Cornell??  I'm just
curious, only that ...

If you have never seen this video, it's definitely worth 10 minutes:

http://www.cornell.edu/video/mark-twains-cornell

-hb

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush