From:
"John H. Muller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:50:33 -0500
Hi all.

I am trying to locate an image (picture / print) of Hiram J. Ramsdell. In
1883 Ramsdell penned a widely circulated column of his recollections of
staying in the same Washington City boarding house as Mark Twain, as well
as others.

1883 article ->
https://marktwainindc.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/mark-twain-in-washington-remembered-by-hiram-j-ramsdell-san-francisco-bulletin-feb-2-1883-p-2/

There is an image of Ramsdell on his FindAGrave entry from a Washington,
D.C. newspaper that I have located but I was wondering if anyone might know
where (digital or physical) there may be a better image for Ramsdell?

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/96610284/hiram-j_-ramsdell

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

respectfully,
John

--
John Muller

*Frederick Douglass in Washington, D.C: The Lion of Anacostia
<http://www.amazon.com/Frederick-Douglass-Washington-D-c-Anacostia/dp/1609495772/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=H42HP4SBZ8OA&coliid=I34OMAR1SV8L9G>*
[The
History Press, 2012]  Winner of 2013 DC READS
*Mark Twain in Washington, D.C.: The Adventures of a Capital Correspondent*
<http://amzn.to/19PzIFd> [The History Press, 2013]