Richard Reineccius <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:18:29 -0700
Susan --

Dramatic Publishing Company in the Chicago area lists one full-length play
version (adapted by Anne Coulter!), and Internet Theatre Bookshop in London
and New York lists three different adaptations (Coulter + Andrew Hardee
versions, and one British-made musical), from my search via ASK.COM.  Oddly,
Samuel French in NY & London has none in their plays catalog. If you want
the script of the movie adaptation, you may have to transcribe it from the
DVD.

Any dramatization will probably be subject to royalties, FYI -- unless it is
strictly a classroom project without promotion to the public. Negotiate with
both publishers for lowest price, and ask the drama department at your
school how they work out rights. Also, they may know of an unpublished
playscript at Kansas or another U, which might be free, might be better.

I was surprised, when I arrived in Poland to direct at a regional theatre
and teach in 1992, I found that a Polish stage version had been playing for
several years in rep, and was also listed at several theatres around the
country, before and after the end of Communism.

Break a leg!
Richard Reineccius
(Julian Theatre, San Francisco)
523 Naples, SF 94112