From:
"John W. Young" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 21:10:58 -0800
I just want to thank everyone who responded to my question about
visiting the Mark Twain House in Hartford:

Sue J. Harris
Kevin J. Bochynski
Roger Durrett
Taylor Roberts
Kathy O'Connell
Peter Salwen
Dennis and Hene Kelly

I'm going on Wednesday morning of next week and really looking forward
to it. After I get back home, I'll post my thoughts about the
experience.

About my essay (the one I'm basin my thesis on): Taylor Roberts says it
will be available from the Mark Twain Forum's web site soon. Please feel
free to discuss it through the list or e-mail me personally with
whatever comments and criticism you think of. The final product will be
mostly about John Steinbeck as an artist who was influenced a great deal
(knowingly or otherwise) by Mark Twain. However, the _essay_ that will
be on the Forum's site (written a year ago, but subsequently revised
several times) is a comparison of Twain's Tom and Huck novels and
Steinbeck's _Tortilla Flat_, so I believe it is not outside of this
forum's field of interest.

If you write me with questions, however, please bear in mind that I will
be away from my computer until Feb. 25, so I won't be able to answer
until then.

Well, thanks again for the information.

Sincerely,
John Young