Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Esh, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 01:53:16 +0000
Dear Twain Community,
I’m putting together an advanced undergraduate seminar on Mark Twain. I want to include a critical biography, and after some research, I am currently considering assigning the 2005 Ron Powers biography _Mark Twain: A Life_. I’m curious what biographies others recommend (and perhaps why).
Thanks,

Tim

_____

TIM ESH
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH
DIVISION OF MODERN LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE

INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
MARION, IN

“The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.” - Mark Twain