Alan Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 14:22:17 -0500
I will see your wager and raise the pot that you are right about those interesting stories. I’m not only the Jim Smiley of Book Agents, I was among the last of them.

My door to door experience took the form of the Encyclopedia Americana. I know from accounts from Twain’s time that the sample cases, sample books, and I’m guessing much of the sales pitch remained essentially unchanged from his time to mine.
Alan

Alan Kitty, Executive Director
Mark Twain Education Society

“Laughter can shatter the most colossal humbug; blow it to rags and atoms with a single blast.”

Sent from my iPhone