From:
Rod Rawlings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:25:12 -0400
Among us Twainiacs, let it be recognized that in regard to winning the
coveted Mark Twain Prize, no contemporary people -- however talented,
popular, admired and influential in the culture -- could sway our unbiased
jurors to vote in their favor. How could justice award these pretenders
such honor? Among us, from 1835 until oblivion, our man was, is and always
shall be The Incomparable. We know the latter-day honorees to be the
fleetingly famous who are merely likable, willing and available on call.
Lump all the honorees together and their collective level of achievement
would barely rise to his ankles. Time will tell, however. After piling up a
century or so of honorees, they may reach his knees.

Rod Rawlings
6802 22nd Avenue, West
Bradenton, FL 34209
941-713-4446 Direct