From:
Greg W Zacharias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 13:01:32 -0500
My experience at the MTP matches Ric's, although I do have a traditional
academic background.  In addition, I should note that all visitors work in
the small room and, of course, it is conventional that one does not use
ink in archives in order to protect documents.   That archives should
protect themselves against theft makes sense too, given the unfortunate
degree of theft (by academics) of documents from archives.  Last, I really
don't understand the complaint that academics have not recognized the
significance of Clemens's western days.  I don't understand the complaint
because the scholarship on this very subject is rather extensive.

Greg Zacharias
Creighton University