Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2020 23:19:58 -0700
So I've been attempting to plot the railway routes followed by Mark
Twain on his 1868-69 tour.  This was a time of a great number of
railway companies competing, merging, leasing lines from each other and
all laying tracks for new routes.  This has made it a bit difficult in
a number of cases to choose the correct lines, but I've tried to make
my best guesses.  I've made use of the KML files developed by the
University of Nebraska, routes layed out in 1870.  There are seven
pages on my site dealing with this tour.  The link included here
connects to the first page. It has links to subsequent pages with their
own links to each of the speaking engagements.  Each page has a map of
cities and venues where known, and a map of routes between cities
visited.  These are dynamic maps that can be enlarged.

https://twainsgeography.com/content/american-vandal-abroad-1868-69