Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2018 09:06:50 -0500
7bit
From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
I am unaware of any reactions Twain had to her writings. No mention in this
book, no books by her listed by Gribben in Twain's library (unless new ones
have come to light--we'll know this soon!), and no mention in Twain's NB.
Jackson's book was published by Harper long before Twain became associated
with that firm and began getting gratis copies of their publications.

The only crossing of paths between Twain and Jackson that comes to mind is
the February 1880 Holmes birthday breakfast. I may be misremembering, but I
think Twain attended (he made some remarks, or else sent a letter to be
read) and Jackson contributed a poem, but may not have attended. They may
have crossed paths at other times or places but I have not researched this
at all.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books