From:
Andrew J Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:28:24 +0000
>There are no direct descendants of Samuel Clemens.  Most of us are
>descendants of his brother.
>Ellen Clemens Smart

I hate to burst this bubble, but SLC had only one brother and one sister
who procreated.  Orion's only offspring died in childhood.  I mentioned
the children of his siter in my last post.  Any Clemenses claiming a tie
to SLC would have to reach back into his father's generation, and the
documentation there is pretty sketchy.

My apologies to all the Clemenses out there, including Roger, now Paul
O'Niell's teammate.  You'd think a Smart publicist would make hay on this
supposed family reunion.

Andy Hoffman