"Charles E. Cogar" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:55:52 -0500
I'm not a gamer, and only know that the age demographics for the target
market continues to go climb.  The age of gamers continues to creep from
the late teens to the mid and late-twneties, even thirties.  Maybe it's
the proliferation of "propeller heads" in society?

Balsa wood planes and glass marbles are out.  (Although hula hoops are
making a come back.)

I'm currently involved in a local community theater production of the
musical, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer."

Why not develop a video game of Tom and Becky getting lost in McDougal's
Cave?  The object of the game could be to guide them through "a vast
labyrinth of crooked aisles" {Twain}in a specific time, get them out and
back to their classmates to avert their own funerals.  Along the way
Injun Joe, spiders, snakes, bats and other bad guys add to the excitement.

Educators could have embedded links to Twain sites. works, etc.

Should I copyright this, write a grant proposal for the Hannibal Free
Public Library and retire to a life of leisure "fishin' in the
Mississippi River?"

... and I still have my original Pong game, the box and it works!

Charles E. Cogar
Omaha  Nebraska