Jason G Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 13:07:49 -0700
        I am in the process of organizing a special topic session on Mark
Twain for the October 1997 conference of the Rocky Mountain Modern
Language Association. This is the specific topic for the session: "Late
Mark Twain and the Imaginative Life."  Focusing on Twain's later
works--1890-1910--panel presentations should generally revolve around
Twain's imaginative  creation (or recreation) of a variety of selves and
states of being, his interest in psychology, philosophy, and religious
experiences, or his fictive study of mind, dreams, and alternative
realities. Stange and mysterious, perhaps, but all the more reason to
explore Twain's imaginative genius.

The RMMLA conference will be held October 16-18,1997, at the Executive
Towers Hotel in Denver, Colorado hosted by departments of English and
Languages
and Literatures.  I need  abstracts or papers by March 15, 1997.

Send abstracts or papers to the following address:
        Jason G. Horn
        University of Northern Colorado
        Department of English
        Greeley, Colorado 80639

Phone inquiries: (970) 351-2373

email to  [log in to unmask]

I look forward to hearing those interested.

Jason G. Horn