From:
robert a dagnall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1993 10:39:17 MST
Whoops. I think the charges that I have made ad hominem attacks stem
from a misfired joke in a previous posting. I wish to clear up what
I meant.

When I wrote that parents would pluck their children off the street
whenever Hoffman approached, I was attempting to show the extreme
conclusions which can be reached about *anyone* using Hoffman's
methods of drawing inferences and making suggestions. If you can
take a few scraps of evidence and publish a paper saying that SLC
was bisexual, you could quite possibly publish a paper 'showing' that
Hoffman was (fill in the blank), or could do the same with me,
or any stranger.

Robert Dagnall