From:
Michael MacBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:35:03 -0600
I've been digging around looking at comparisons beteen *Don Quixote*
and *Huckleberry
Finn* lately, and am wondering if anyone knows which translation Twain had
of *Don Quixote* in his library?  Gribben's *Reconstruction* shows that it
(or at least one copy of it) was sold at the 1951 auction, but it says
"edition not indicated."  Being somewhat familiar with the translations
floating around that time, I'm guessing it was the Ormsby edition (1885), or
maybe an earlier Jervas (also known as Jarvis translation, 1742).  Does
anyone have an information to indicate which translation he had?  Or, if he
had multiple copies?

Thank you,

Michael MacBride