Sender:
From:
Mark Coburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 06:34:12 -0700
Can anyone help me find the text of Twain's speech introducing Grant,
when Grant came to Connecticut in 1880 in support of Garfield's
presidential campaign?

The text is not in the Oxford edition reprint of Mark Twain's SPEECHES,
nor is it in the Library of America's COLLECTED TALES, SKETCHES,
SPEECHES,& ESSAYS.

I don't have easy access to Fatout's MARK TWAIN SPEAKING, but can get a
copy if someone will verify that it includes Twain's words.  Or is there
a handier source?

Thanks for your help.

Mark Coburn