From:
Alan Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 13:19:17 -0500
I think of "venue" in terms of a lecture hall, not a literary market. But that is because my income is based on writing for the lecture and stage, not the publisher. I agree that the subscription era created ideal conditions for padding, both to increase book revenue and as a cross-marketing strategy. IA is a great starting point, but I submit that anywhere you find repetition and "stuffed" sentences during that period, you will uncover evidence of writing for the subscription market. Now I will have to reread post-Webster titles to verify my premise unless others here can chime in with additions and corrections.

Sent from my iPhone