"Lee, Judith" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:03:53 +0000
Thanks for the alert, Susan.  I have not been contacted for this publication, but have declined similar opportunities for the same reason. It’s one thing to ask early-career scholars to pay a small membership fee to join the society that publishes the journal in which their work appears; it’s quite another thing to make substantial  publication fees the source of a for-profit publishing operation.  And peer review seems suspect in those operations, too.

Judith

Judith Yaross Lee, Ph.D. (she/her)
Distinguished Professor Emerita

School of Communication Studies • Ohio University  • Schoonover Center 400  • Athens, OH 45701
Please request home address before mailing packages or important documents.

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  • https://www.ohio.edu/scripps-college/comm-studies/about/faculty-student/leej<http://www.coms.ohiou.edu/judith-yaross-lee>

My newest book: Seeing Mad: Essays on Mad Magazine’s Humor and Legacy (University of Missouri Press, October 2020)
<https://upress.missouri.edu/9780826222138/seeing-mad/>